The Letus Extreme is our entry level 35mm adapter with only 1/2 stop of light loss. The perfect choice for the budget minded Indie Film maker. If you are looking for the most affordable Letus 35mm lens adapter, this is the adapter for you.
Who It's For
The Letus Extreme is designed for entry level / beginner film makers. Although it similar to the higher end Letus Elite, it lacks a few features bringing it in at a lower price point. Most notably, the Extreme lacks the back focus adjustment ring and upgraded optics found in the Elite. These items can be added separately if you want to upgrade an Extreme to an Elite in the future.
The Extreme was the first 35mm adapter released when Letus re-launched in 2007. It revolutionized the 35mm adapter market and many tried to copy the innovations we built into this adapter. This was the first 35mm adapter to seamlessly integrate a prism based "flip" optical path which produces an up-right image in the camera. Our one piece design makes for a compact and light efficient adapter. Unlike other adapters on the market, there is no need to purchase a seperate "flip module" to achieve an upright image.
Like all Letus products, the Extreme is 100% custom made to our specifications. We do not use any off-the-shelf parts to build our adapters. From the housing, to lens mounts, to the optics; everything is manufactured specific to our adapters.
When using a 35mm adapter, you will want to add a support rod system to your camera. This is a convient way to support and balance your camera and adapter when using it on a tripod, crane, hand held, etc. The Letus V1 support rods are our entry level system. These are industry standard 15mm diameter support rods which allow you to easily use third party accessories with standard mounting diameter.
For an easier to configure support rod rig, we recommend the Letus V2 support rods as a good alternative to the V1 system. These are esier to adjust as most adjustments can be done by hand without the use of a hex wrench. The V2 rods also allow you to keep your camera lower to the support rods and "step" the adapter down in front. This makes for a lower center of gravity and a generally more compact setup.
Letus Extreme Gallery
Length: 126 mm (5 in)
Height: 126 mm (5 in)
Width: 108 mm (4.3 in)
Weight: 1.4 kg (48 oz)
Casing: CNC Milled Aluminum
- New prism technology with proprietary Image Orientation Correction technology (IOC). This adapter "flips" the image upright
- Highest optical grade achromatic lens (custom-made for this specific adapter)
- Custom condenser specially tailored for this adapter to get the best possible picture quality
- New and improved Ground Glass element
- Beautiful film-look bokeh
- Absolutely no vignetting
- Best edge-to-edge sharpness in the industry
- Stunningly beautiful image colors
- Casing milled from solid aluminum
- Anodized black finish
- A sleek, built-in On/Off indicator with LED
- Battery is fully enclosed and secured by 2 magnets for ease of replacement during a shoot
- Virtually silent vibration system that will not interfere with microphones
- Alignment is a breeze with the new and improved 72mm, 77mm, or 82mm ring design
- Interchangeable thread rings and lens mounts for easy adaptation to different cameras / lenses on the fly.
- Comes with your choice of mount (Canon FD, Nikon AI, Canon EF (EOS), Pentax K mount, Minolta MD, M42 Screw mount)
- PL mount and OCT19 mount also available at a discounted price if selected as the primary mount on the Extreme.
- Hex key for adjustment/installation
- End caps included for protection during transport/storage
- Light switch brought to the back to avoid distraction to those in front of camera
- Threaded hole on the front tube for matching up to support systems
- One year warranty